Secrets and BTS

Sunday

My Life!?

Hey my buddies! Ima just warn you right now... NOT A DIY JUST A PIECE OF MY LIFE. But anyways on with it.
So today I went down to Studio City to visit my great grandfather. My dad and I took him to a breakfast diner and we sat there and talked.
Fun stuff right?
Lets get on to the more interesting events of my day...
I have a science fair project which requires some melted rock. And the only ways to get melted rock is either naturally at a volcano, or you make it in a kiln.

So for anyone who has no clue what a kiln is, it's a very insulated high powered oven. Party! On to more fun stuff! So we picked up my dad's old kiln from North Hollywood and brought it back to our house. "Will we be able to even start it after sitting in the dust for 8 years." While we were still in North Hollywood we started up a high pressure air thingy and blew off all the dust. 
But how were we supposed to test it out?
"How about we melt some pennies!" I was now excited to deface some American currency.

We plugged in the little oven and popped in the ceramic bowl containing 6 zinc pennies.
"2,000 degrees Fahrenheit" is what the thermometer read. 
FAST FORWARD >>>>
I grab a wrench or some random tool and start to pull out my ceramic dish.

*CLICK* The half of the crucible I was pulling out dis-attached from the lower half of the dish. And nearly disintegrated onto the concrete floor. I quickly pulled the lower half out and let that fall and break on the driveway aswell. This made the molten zinc spill onto the floor and splatter everywhere.

My dad poured some beer on the zinc cool it down. I pick it up not noticing how extremely SHARP it was. Into my skin it pierced. So on the end of this exciting day, I sit at my laptop with a bandaid around my thumb typing this very sentence.
I HOPE YOU ENJOYED MY WONDERFUL PEOPLE! STAY WARM!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! If a couple pennies pierced your skin, I can't help but pray for you and your science fair group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I was now excited to deface some American currency." just an average day in Tessas life

    ReplyDelete