Secrets and BTS

Sunday

Pinterest Diy #3

I'm back! And back with another Pinterest Diy attempt. I've seen this pin going around so I decided I was going to attempt it and see if it will work so you don't have to. Since it's the fall season and the Holidays are coming up and stuff, I tried out the Mod Podge Fall Leaf Bowl pin.

Autumn Leaf Bowls: These Fall leaf bowls capture the essence of the season. http://pinterest.com/pin/514114113692221644/?utm_source=android_share


So I live in California.... and here--we don't get fall, never mind fall leaves. Yet for some reason I tried to find some. On I went around the neighborhood on a quest to find a sufficient amount of non-crumbly red, orange, and yellow leaves. Two hours later I sit down at my table with a plastic bag filled with some leaves who's chlorophyll is breaking down.

Following the directions I blow up a balloon and try to balance it on some container and after some mcgivering made it still.

It was now time for the actual project. With a foam brush I painted on the first layer of mod podge onto the balloon and slapped on a bunch of leaves. Repeating this process a thousand more times after a couple hours it seemed like the bowl was thick enough.

I let it dry for a couple more hours to make sure it was solid.
Then using scissors, cut a slit into the balloon to slowly let the air out.
The results were horrendous.
What have I just spent, an entire day on.

It fell apart into a sticky mess of rotting leaves.

But now Iv'e got a bag of a bunch of leaves. You know what?--Let me just glue it onto a piece of paper to make an art piece that will slowly disintegrate. And so I did. And because I was bored I decided to waste my time making it ombre.

 Taking another 45 min I separated a bunch of leaves in order of shade ranging from dark red to light yellow. After I had enough leaves I started gluing them onto some piece of printer paper.

So yah... there wen't time of my life that I won't be getting back anytime soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment