Secrets and BTS

Saturday

What have I made...

Hey guys, welcome back to my blog! Because today is Halloween, I decided not only will my posts be Halloween themed... but because today is a special holiday I'm going to be doing three posts! Anyways today I was just lying around my boring anti-Halloween house thinking what can I do to make this place feel more in the spirit? I have not spiders or skeletons, no ghosts or goblins, and no pumpkins. What am I going to do with a pumpkin-less Halloween? Buying a pumpkin is expensive and time consuming. So I fell back onto the couch and started brainstorming. What can I use instead of a pumpkin that I can easily find around the house? A cup?-Cant carve that. A flower?- What use is that. What about a round fruit! I had finally made my decision. I ran into the kitchen swung open a fridge and there it was- my pumpkin substitute- an apple. Apples are kind of like pumpkins, right? So I went to it and documented it.

The Materials I Found Useful:

1. An apple
2. A knife
3. A bowl for the apple guts
4. A small flame-less candle

How I did it:

Step 1: I got my apple, washed it, and removed the labels stuck to it.

Step 2: I started with cutting the top off, but the only problem I ran into was an apple and a pumpkin's anatomy are not the same. You can easily take the top off of a pumpkin but when working with an apple you end up cutting through the entire apple to the other side and stabbing yourself. This is why you want to angle your knife down instead of your pumpkin 50 degree angle. 

Step 3: After your apple top is off, clean out the inside of the apple leaving enough space for the candle to be put inside. 

Step 4: Draw your face/design onto the apple.

Step 5: Carve your apple!

Step 6: Turn on your candle and put it into the apple. After it is in put the top back on.
Step 7: Turn off the lights and watch your mini "pumpkin" glow.


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. That apple speaks to me. I'll be sure to make this when I'm lonely and need a pal. Great job!

    ReplyDelete