Secrets and BTS

Saturday

Modern-Vintage Lamp

I did this DIY some time back but decided to still share it with you. Sadly I have no photos of it while being made but I hope that you to still get some inspiration out of it! I got my lamp at my local thrift store a long time back for $5. It just wasn't adding anything to my room.

Materials you'll need:
1. An old lamp that has a wood or porcelain stand with an old but pretty design (I do not own this photo, Credits: Ebay Seller
2. White spray paint
3. Paper
4. Pencil or printer
5. Tape or other temporary attachment material
6. Scissors
7. Well ventilated area where you can spray paint

How to Do it!
Step 1: Gather your materials! ♥
Step 2: Make sure that the lamp is fully functional.
Step 3:  Remove the lampshade and bulb. Set those aside.
Step 4: Wipe down the lamp stand with a damp piece of cloth or paper towel. Dry it.
Step 5: Get your paper and either draw a shape (heart in my case) or print it. Then cut it out.
Step 6: Stick the shape to the area of design you would like to keep.
Step 7: Shake your spray can and start painting. You may have to hold down the shape along the edge when you get close to it. Make sure you evenly cover the entire lamp stand.
Step 8: Let it air dry outside. Take off the shape, put the bulb and shade back on. Plug it in, and there you have it! Your own modern yet vintage lamp! Hope you get the chance to try out this super fun and easy DIY!

No comments:

Post a Comment