Secrets and BTS

Monday

Pinterest Diy #7

The cutest Diy for a little boy's birthday  (or girls, I don't judge). These adorable Dino plates will have you wanting to decapitate plastic toys! It can be used as a food platter or as storage. In my case, I'm using it as split storage for my loose items. For this project you are supposed to use a hacksaw, but I didn't have a hacksaw at the time, so I just brought out my handy dandy Dremel.

Materials you'll need:
1. A plastic or rubber toy with stable legs
2. A plate or something you would like to attach it to
3. A cutting tool of your choice
4. Hot glue gun or an adhesive to attach the the pieces
5. Something to sand the rough edges of the cut pieces (Optional, if cut doesn't come out entirely clean)

How to Do it!
Step 1: As you may have guessed, gather your materials!
Step 2: Trace a line on the toy that you will proceed to cut out.
Step 3: Split the toy into two down the center 

and sand of any rough edges.

Step 4: Wash the plate and remove all labels. Trace the dinosaur onto the center of the plate to know where to place the hot glue.

Step 5: Whip out your hot glue gun and place glue onto the trace line and press the part down. Do this for both parts of the toy,
Step 6: Let it dry and then place whatever you would like into it!
Step 7: Set it out for display and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment