Secrets and BTS

Sunday

Playing around with my Dremel 4000!

Hey my friends! Welcome back ♥ So for the past couple months I've wanted to get a simple rotary tool. My father had suggested to go with the Dremel brand. Which I decided to do. Earlier today (the 31st of January) we did a trip to Osh and I bought the Dremel 4000 High-Performance Rotary Tool.



Oh was I excited! With 30 accessories, there was no way I could wait to use it. After attaching the piece number EZ406, I decided to just cut a random aluminum can and get a feel for the tool. After that I decided to start on a project I have wanted to do for a while: make a circuit board heart pendant. I grabbed a retired video card

and removed the screws holding the cooling fan in place.


I unplugged the fan from the socket and now had a semi-clean board to work with. With the knowledge sparks may fly or fumes may emerge; I wore all required safety protection.


 Just as a test as to which speed I should use and pressure I must apply I cut out a small rectangle.

After that it was straight to work on cutting out a heart for the purpose of being a pendant. After countless hours of work I finally cut out a kinda heart.


But I was not going to stop there for I had all the tools I needed to make it look great. Quickly I change the bit to a cone shaped sanding piece (#953). With this I get straight to work on smoothing and rounding the edges. Unfortunately the board has large amounts of copper in it and the copper "clogged" up the surface of the sanding piece leaving it useless. But enough work had been done on it for the day. And it looks great! Kinda?

From what I can see it can cut anything. So if you want me to slice something leave me your suggestions in the comments!

Have a great day everyone! Love you all!
-Tessa ♥

Disclaimer: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME OR YOU MAY CHOP OFF YOUR FINGERS! Thank you! ☺

2 comments: